爛枯柴 逆浪録 上 / Rankoshi Gekirōroku (the history of the Rinzai School, etc.), vol. 1
The first volume of Rankoshi Gekirōroku,, (the original) was written by Sōkai, a Zen monk at Hōon Temple of the Rinzai School in Hyūga (present-day Miyazaki Prefecture). This is a copy, made from the block, owned by Ryūkoku Zen Temple, and Yūshōdō Shorin (Ogawa Genbē) published it in 1794. Sōkai was a disciple of Hakuin Ekaku, who is regarded as the reviver of the then moribund Rinzai School. The word "gekirō" written on the front cover is a pen name of Sōkai. The details surrounding the notation "Chūzan Royal Government, Shikin Taifu, Mao Siwen (J. Mō Shion)," written at the end of the preface, are unknown. The book describes the history of the Rinzai School, the life of the Buddha, the late monks' anniversary years of death, etc. Shikin Taifu is the highest position among the elite of Kumemura (Village).(Updated on August 3, 2015)
Statement of Responsibility
引用の際には以下の情報を参考にご利用ください。 / When citing materials, please use the following information as a reference.
『爛枯柴 逆浪録 上』阪巻・宝玲文庫（ハワイ大学所蔵）HW593, https://shimuchi.lib.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/collection/sakamaki/hw59301